Thank you for your interest in employment with Alcon Construction, Inc.! Our employees work hard to ensure customer satisfaction and quality work, helping us maintain our reputation as a premier contractor.
We are now recruiting for a full-time mechanic and full-time concrete laborers.
Mechanic: Duties include servicing our fleet of vehicles (diesel and gasoline trucks), equipment and power tools. This position is for shop and field repairs. We have a wide assortment of construction related equipment from small tools to engines and large machinery.
The ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable and experienced mechanic. The position requires the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment. Applicant(s) must be able to work in a safe and efficient manner. Fabrication skills are a plus. On occasion this person will also be required to work on a steel or concrete crew.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be honest, reliable, punctual, well-organized, motivated, can work alone and in a team environment. Current CDL is preferred. Shift is Monday through Friday.
Qualified applicants should possess:
- Prior mechanic experience
- Ability to diagnose: electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, diesel engine repairs, small engine repairs
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions on vehicles and equipment on all major systems including gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, drivelines, electrical systems and brake systems, heating and air conditioning systems, suspensions and steering systems, etc.
- Use percussion tools, specialized testing and calibration instruments, electrical test equipment, drills, saws, grinders and a variety of hand tools
- Analyze and use judgment to determine best solution or repair strategy such as rebuild, replace or overhaul system
- Basic computer skills – preferably in spreadsheets like MS Excel
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to track status of repairs and calculate costs per repair
- Proactive approach to preventative maintenance of high volume use equipment
- Must provide own tools
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure shop, equipment and tools are in safe operating condition
- Ability to operate a variety of construction machinery
- Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Other duties as assigned or required
Concrete Laborer: Duties include but not limited to: spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed and float; align forms for sidewalks, curbs or curb and gutters; fine finish concrete by floating, troweling, edging and/or brushing in accordance with specifications; ties rebar; sets forms; cleans forms; builds forms; operates equipment; cuts and places reinforcing wire mesh; performs other related duties as required. Should be knowledgeable in all phases of concrete. Ability to read plans preferred.
Should have a valid driver license, clean driving record and reliable transportation. Prefer candidates with three years directly related experience. Hours are Monday through Friday with possible Saturdays, 40 + hours per week. Travel outside of the San Luis Valley is occasionally required.
Position requires ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat, and tolerate heights as well as exert heavy physical effort. Work environment is typically outside on construction sites and may require work in confined spaces. May work on multiple job sites per day.
Apply today if interested. Highlight on your application previous related experience. Wage based on experience.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Qualified applicants please complete our employment application and email it to: email@example.com or fax it to: 719-589-2416 or return it to our office. If you prefer, you may complete an application at our main office from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. We are located at:
12233 County Road 5 South
Alamosa, CO 81101
See Map Here