We are recruiting for the below positions:
Project Manager/Estimator: Full-time. This role is responsible for estimating, planning, and executing projects from conception to completion to ensure desirable outcomes for clients and the company. This person must professionally represent the company at all times while developing positive long-term relationships with partners.
Essential Duties related to this position:
- Assist with identifying potential projects for bidding
- Prepare take-offs, create accurate scopes of work, qualify subs, solicit bids and analyze proposals
- Accurately estimate the project cost of material, labor, equipment, and subcontractors
- Evaluate/identify value-engineering opportunities
- Develop and manage positive client relationships and work as the client’s advocate by identifying and balancing client expectations within the context of contractual obligations, corporate goals, and client satisfaction
- Create and manage project schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget
- Manage design-build and plan & spec projects
- Ensure full compliance with company’s safety plans, OSHA and other applicable laws and regulations
- Oversee all subcontractor’s workmanship and ensure that their scope of work is accurate and complete
- Complete closeout efforts in timely manner
- Proactively manage disputes and claims to ensure timely and fair issue resolution
- Support project through clear, accurate and regular communication
- Assist with other department needs and tasks as required
- Motivation, resourcefulness and a desire to learn and grow in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or three years’ experience as an Estimator, Project Engineer and / or Project Manager
- Strong computer and technical skills, must specifically be proficient in Microsoft products including Project
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, negotiating, problem solving, multi-planning / tasking and organizational skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, in varying stages and of varying complexities
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be professional, reliable and results-oriented with a verifiable work history and references
The position requires continuous standing, sitting, bending, walking, squatting, climbing and lifting. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. The work environment is typically in an office; however, site visits are required.
The company offers competitive pay and benefits in a fast-paced work environment. Salary range is $60,000 – $73,000 depending on experience. Health and vision insurance is offered within 3 – 4 months of starting. Dental insurance and Simple IRA are offered after one year of service. Paid time off is available immediately and bonuses are discretionary. Company provided cell phone (or reimbursement) and vehicle is provided.
If you qualify for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary requirements. Be a part of a reputable team and growing company!
Project Engineer: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours per week. The Project Engineer is responsible for providing accurate and detailed project support and coordination assistance to the Estimating and Project Management teams.
Essential Duties related to this position:
- Create projects in ProEst/Procore to prepare for estimating. Importing drawings, specifications and other bidding documents.
- Assist in takeoffs, estimating, reading plans & drawings.
- Create and send out bid invites and following up with subcontractors to get bid status and quotes.
- Assist in the review of contractor quotes to ensure scope coverage and pricing.
- Assist in value-engineering process which may include calling subcontractors and discussing alternative building/material options, negotiating pricing, etc.
- Assist in preparation of construction project documentation for review by project manager. Such documents may include bidding spread sheets, proposals, letters of intent, subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, submittals, RFI’s, close-out documents, etc.
- Attend pre-bid and OAC meetings if needed.
- Assist with coordination of meetings and schedule site visits as requested.
- Assist in identifying long lead items, ordering and tracking materials as requested.
- Assist in creating, maintaining and updating schedules as requested.
- Assist with calling in locates, licensing, permitting and jobsite inspection procedures as required.
- Run errands, pick up materials, deliver materials, etc. May occasionally assist field personnel on site.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
- Answer phones and greet visitors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of construction and project management processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems quickly, handle multiple tasks and organize resources to ensure work is completed on time.
- Written & oral communication skills required with the ability to present to various levels of the organization as well as to clients. Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer programs and software’s.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity. Maintain confidentiality.
- Two years construction experience either in the field or in a similar project support capacity with an Associate’s Degree in Math, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent education and/or experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally on a construction site and exposed to various conditions including heat, snow and rain.
The company offers competitive pay and benefits in a fast-paced work environment. Hourly pay is $19 – $23 depending on experience. Health and vision insurance is offered within 3 – 4 months of starting. Dental insurance and Simple IRA are offered after one year of service. Paid time off is available immediately and bonuses are discretionary.
Project Superintendent: Full-time. The superintendent assumes overall responsibility and accountability for all field factors contributing to the success of the project.
Essential Duties related to this position:
- Understand and work with Project Manager (PM) to meet project goals, schedule, and budget.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of project plans and specifications.
- Efficiently manage production and project manpower requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with all relevant OSHA regulations and continually monitor and enforce job site safety.
- Effectively communicate with the PM and serve as a liaison in the field with Owners and/or Owner’s Representatives in a professional manner.
- Direct others through clear and accurate communication of the project schedules and scope of work.
- Maintain positive work and team player environment.
- Provide the Owner with quality workmanship per plans, specifications, and company standards; ensure quality workmanship of subcontractors.
- Understand and use project management software (Procore) and other software as required.
- 3 -5 years construction experience is required with at least 1 year as a superintendent or related type role.
- Valid driver license with a clean driving record.
- Must be reliable, safety conscious, able to take direction and work with others.
Rough carpentry skills preferred.
This position will start on a project in Pagosa Springs, CO. Once complete, work may be in the San Luis Valley. Work is anticipated to be approximately 50 hours per week. Some weekends will be required.
Position requires ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat, and tolerate heights as well as exert heavy physical effort. Work environment is typically outside on construction sites and may require work in confined spaces.
Compensation depends on experience and is anticipated to be between $23 and $26 per hour. Health insurance and vision insurance are offered within the first 3 – 4 months. After one year of employment, dental insurance and participation in the company’s Simple IRA is available. Paid time off accrues immediately upon hire. Bonuses are discretionary.
Concrete Laborer: Full-time. Duties include, but are not limited to: spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed and float; align forms for sidewalks, curbs or curb and gutters; fine finish concrete by floating, troweling, edging and/or brushing in accordance with specifications; ties rebar; sets forms; cleans forms; builds forms; operates equipment; cuts and places reinforcing wire mesh; performs other related duties as required. Should be knowledgeable in all phases of concrete.
Metal Building Laborer: Full-time. Duties may include, but are not limited to, erecting prefabricated main frames, secondary, bracing, siding and roofing that make up the framework of buildings and/or other large structures. Assist in raising, placing and uniting girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures. Experience with pre-engineered metal buildings is desired. Must be able to work comfortably above the ground. Training on aerial lifts or operating experience, welding, and general building/construction experience preferred.
- Laborer positions require the ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat, and exert heavy physical effort. Work environment is typically outside on construction sites and may require work in confined spaces. Must be reliable, safety conscious, and able to take direction and work with others. May work on multiple job sites per day.
- Laborer hours are Monday through Friday, 40+ hours per week, and occasional weekends. Previous related experience is highly desired. Valid driver license preferred. Must have reliable transportation to get to and from the job. Travel outside of the San Luis Valley is occasionally required.
- Laborer starting wage depends on experience but will likely be between $14.00 and $16.00 per hour. Bonuses are discretionary. Health insurance and vision insurance is offered within the first year. After one year of employment, dental insurance and participation in the company’s Simple IRA is available. Paid time off accrues immediately upon hire.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please apply today! Highlight on your application previous related experience.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen. Equal Opportunity Employer.